The purpose of female genital surgery is to obtain genitalia, both external and internal, which is aesthetic, youthful and functional.
With this surgery, disproportionate labia (minora and majora), clitoris and pubis can be corrected. Elasticity of the pelvic floor, sometimes lost during pregnancy, can also be restored.
Certain congenital abnormalities can also be corrected, like the absence of the vagina or the effects of trauma or a tumour.
Female genital surgery includes:
- Surgery on the labia (minora and majora)
- Correction of hypertrophy of the clitoris
- Perineal and pubis liposuction and lifts
- Vaginal and pelvic floor rejuvenation
- Post-traumatic and post-oncological genital reconstruction